Oklahoma City Pharmacist Defends Actions

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Oklahoma City Pharmacist Defends Actions

Accused murderer Jerome Ersland, an Oklahoma City pharmacist, defended himself on The O'Reilly factor last night.

Ersland is charged with first-degree murder after he shot and killed a would-be robber at his pharmacy in south OKC. After shooting and hitting 16-year-old Antwun Parker, who was unarmed, he chased two other suspects from the store firing several times.

He then went back inside and shot Parker five more times as he lay bleeding on the floor, prompting the murder charge.

He told Bill O'Reilly, "I came back in store because I was working with two ladies and I thought the person laying on the floor had shot the younger lady Megan because the mother was yelling, 'Megan, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. ' I went up to him, and he seemed to be just dazed, and he started talking to me, and he started turning to the right. I'm crippled. ... I thought I was going to get killed in the next few seconds."

Now, I am no bleeding-heart liberal, but it seems to me that Ersland went too far.

Many of my conservative brethern are outraged by the district attorney's actions, but it will now be up to a jury, as it should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home